The Duke of Hamilton Logo

History

When owners and brothers, Ben and Ed, discovered that their great-grandfather, Bernhard, was a regular at The Alliance (after moving into nearby Gondar Mansions in 1938 when he fled from Vienna to London due to the war) they knew they had to keep the pub and its spirit alive. They joined together with childhood friend and owner, Adam, and part-owner, Scott, to relaunch The Alliance as a hub for outstanding food, welcoming service and an excellent pint. Now, the pub is part of the wider Loci Pubs family, a listed asset of community value and a place for loyal West Hampstead regulars to come together and relax.